More active in response to losing
Uses logic to solve problems
Identifies important information
More active in response to winning
Uses intuition to solve problems
Processes information holistically
The Brain's Reward System
- Our brains have a series of circuits known as The Reward System.
- These are connected to various regions of the brain – like pleasure and motivation.
- Rewarding experiences cause our brains to send signals via neurotransmitters – especially: dopamine.
- More dopamine = more feelings of pleasure.
- Gambling and winning stimulate a release of dopamine in the brain, just like sex and chocolate.
- Gambling provides many people with excitement and stress-relief.
Men's vs Women's Brains
- Make up around 84% of gamblers
- 73% of men prefer sports betting when playing online
- Tend to play on various gambling sites
- Usually start gambling in their early 20s
- Make up around 16% of gamblers
- 60% of women prefer social games like bingo
- Tend to stay loyal to one gambling site
- Usually start gambling in their mid-30s
Even when you’re losing at a game, your body still produces adrenalin and endorphins.
Poker, and other skills-based card games positively influence those areas of the brain associated with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Approximately 80% of the US population has gambled in their lifetime.
4 Kinds of Gamblers
Play with friends or colleagues.
Play for a limited period of time.
Losses are predetermined and reasonable.
Limit their risks.
Have a preoccupation with gambling.
Show a narrowing of interest in other activities.
Play less for fun than for gain.
Believe money is the cause of, and solution to, problems.
Are highly competitive, energetic and restless.
*Always gamble responsibly. Know when to stop, and seek help if necessary.
Online Gaming Trends 2018
Live Casino Games
Real time interaction with croupiers and players via HD streaming.
Virtual Reality Sports
Digital sports games played alone or in teams using VR headsets.
Casino games in which strategies are put in place to increase chances of winning.
Sports betting enjoyed on the go via handheld devices
The application of gaming elements (points, challenges) to other areas, like marketing and language learning.
Information sourced from:http://www.techaddiction.ca/online-gambling-statistics.html
https://askgamblers.com/gambling-news/blog/facts-about-online-casinos/ and https://spotmegirl.com/gambles-men-women/